PHOENIX Medical Supplies Limited recognises that promoting good quality and environmental practices is essential to the continued success of the business and that the protection of products, services and the environment is a key business consideration.
PHOENIX Medical Supplies Limited believes that this objective is promoted by requiring that all persons at all levels of the organisation understand the Company’s policies, objectives and procedures. The CEO, directors and senior managers recognise that effective quality and environmental management contributes to the success of the business in all its operating activities.
The Company is committed to the continual improvement of its quality and environmental performance and development of its policies and culture. Management will, therefore, provide adequate resources to enable its aims and objectives to be met and regularly review its performance to develop improvement plans across all business units.
To this end the Company:
- Understands and clearly defines each customer’s requirements.
- Provides customer satisfaction through meeting the agreed requirements for each job or order.
- Manages and reviews each task to ensure the requirements are met in full.
- Provides adequate quality and environmental training to develop employees as a key resource.
- Periodically reviews the quality and environmental management systems and audit compliance across all business units.
- Plans, sets and publicises internal quality and environmental objectives, targets and key performance indicators.
- Operates to recognised best practice, in accordance with available guidance and in compliance with legal requirements of:
- Wholesale Distribution Authorisation and Good Distribution Practice
- Home Office Storage and Distribution Standards for Controlled Drugs
- British Association of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers
- Environment Agency
- Quality Management System ISO 9001
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001
The responsibility for quality and environmental management lies with all employees in PHOENIX Medical Supplies Ltd and its subsidiary companies but in particular with the Chief Executive Officer and the senior management team. It is the duty of all PHOENIX employees to be responsible for the quality of the work they perform and to recognise the impact on the environment while at work.
The Company actively promotes counterfeit and falsified medicines awareness and ensures all relevant employees are trained in these areas.
The Company actively promotes responsible recycling, re-use, and energy efficiency. It makes every effort to reduce pollution and reduce environmental impacts. All employees must also co-operate with the Company in fulfilling its statutory duties and aims of this policy.
This policy and the way that it is implemented will be reviewed at least annually to meet new legislative and business requirements and to identify and correct deficiencies.
This policy will be brought to the attention of all employees at all locations with whom relevant discussion and consultation will take place concerning quality and environmental issues.
Chief Executive Officer